Loading...

Entrance hall

Entrance hall

It is the largest room of the main floor, which is accessed by crossing the main door. The wide area is characterized by a lodge overlooking the garden. Structurally the room belongs to the oldest part of the palace; the lodge was built around the mid-Eighteenth century and the four columns that separate it from the drawing room were built around 1860. Until the mid-Nineteenth century the drawing room had a painted-beam ceiling, as we read in the documents; now it has a flat false ceiling which might still hide the oldest ceiling. The walls are simply painted; the frieze that is high up on the walls represents the coats of arms of the families related to the Oddi family. According to the archive data, decorations, which are currently visible, date back to 1833, although they were restored several times. In 1919 count Angelo Marini Clarelli did some research to identify the membership of the coats of arms which, at that time, did not bear any clear inscription; that year he ordered a local painter to write the names of the families. Further and wide improvements have been made recently, the last one was ordered by Barbara Marini Clarelli in 1997.

Close